more power | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

more power

i have a 00 5.0 awd eddie baurer with a mac intake and a superchips programmer, i need to get more power out of it. It is going to the shop tomorrow for a custom cat back with a magnaflow muffler. But i want t know what the nextstep should be to get to around 300-350 horse at the wheels. I just need to beat my buddies 02 325ci, he thinks its the gratest car in the world. i almost have him now, but he just got exhaust and a true cold air intake.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by OZexplore
go for the yamaha R1 185mph+ guaranteed (stock)

Here is my bike! It's slightly faster than the R1(1-2mph). I added the Yellow accents:

cbr954d.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by mx_racer_14
if you want a better intake manifold go with a cobra, it supports around 400 hp... a little better than the gt 40 intake

Actually the stock explorer 5.0's intake specs out just as good as the 5.0 Cobra intakes did. That is why they are referred to as Cobra intakes around here.

Hey that E-303 camshaft part # is FMS-M6250E303. The link to that in summitracing.com is HERE And and I got a post somewhere around here with the parts # for the Crane cams spring and retainer kit I used also. You might have to look around for it, but I am pretty sure that part # is around here floating on this board somewhere.

Actually I just found it. the part number is CRN-44308-1 and the link to it in summit is HERE Hope this helps you.

ok so the 1st link is for the Cam, and the 2nd link is the parts i need for it, right?

Yeah you are correct. But since you are doing all of that you will want to switch from your stock stamped metal rockers to roller rockers. I had gotten crane 1.7's but I recommend the Crane 1.6's for most people. Unless you got other plans in mind. Well good luck.

ok great thanx a lot for your help!

Back