• Register Today It's free!

More Than Just the Headliner?

Rich308

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Eddie Bauer
So I just got this 92 Eddie Bauer and it came with one of those hi tech 1992 built in "car phones". Sweet. Anyway they drilled a whole in the roof to install the antenna and now I noticed (after washing it) that the interior light is full of water. Obviously an issue. The headliner is sagging and there are water marks. Its not just the fabric liner but the hard shell it wraps around (roof panel?). Is this easily replacable? Where can I find one? I just keep finding the fabric piece that wraps around the panel.

Not a huge problem since I live in SoCal and it never rains but it will be eventually. I epoxied the antenna for now but I want to eventually install a DVD player and its not gonna happen with its current situation.

You probably want to start by taking out the old headliner.

That will consist of removing all the 'OH SH*T handles,' the Visors, Dome lights, and removing all the plastic trimming that is pressed up against it. There are a couple plastic snaps along the way that will just pull right out

Then, plug that hole! Silicone will work, one of those lil plastic snaps that are identical to what was holding the headliner to the roof will work.

You can probably get away with gluing new fabric to your existing headliner, but if its destroyed then run by a Junkyard and pick one up that you can reupholster. Use 3M spray glue, the Elmer’s Spray glue SUCKS.

Thanks! Thats pretty much what i thought. That thing is sagging in spots and when i push it its feels like its crumbling inside.

haha it sounds like it might be toast i dunno, leave it outside in the so cal sun and see if it dries out enough. Gluing new fabric to it is gonna make it look brand new so choose wisley

next time i do mine, i think im going to glue up a huge mural of Jimi Hendrix hahah

Back