Most common cause for rough idle? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Most common cause for rough idle?

grizzlyxjim

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
So this is the second 2nd gen explorer I've had that I've had this issue with the same 06 codes and same rough idle. TID 10 CID 21 and TID 41 and CID 12. My google fu ins't the best. The dpfe sensor melted replaced that, EGR didn't seem to be working but a new EGR on it. I've used a smoke machine and can't see any vacuum leaks. For good measure, I went ahead and tried spraying around with carb cleaner. When the DPFE melted (not sure if it was the cheap Chinese part or what) I got a p0402 and p1405 but I replaced it with OEM about 200 miles ago and no codes. Just rough idle when it warms up. Going to try running some fuel injector cleaner through her, but if anyone has any idea about the 06 data that could help me narrow it down to a specific system. also replaced the DPFE hoses. Air filter is less than a year old.

I had the same issue the rubber hose melted off the dpfe and pointed at my intake manifold and melted through the plastic, huuuuge vacuum leak. I plugged it and bypassed my eqr with no cel light

Back