Motorized LCD? Suggestions

iugoodfella

Reaction score
City, State
Stamford, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Ok heres my dilemma...

Im deciding on whether or not to invest in an indash motorized cd/dvd/mp3 player w/ screen or if I should get a single din lcd motroized screen and then a single din player to stack with it.

I have a bunch of questions for anyone that has a motorized player. Which are the best? where can I find the best prices? is it worth it to get just one unit that does it all or get the two separate units? Would the two separate units even fit stacked? Could I mix a single din dvd player from clarion w/ a motorized single din screen from kenwood? Is that even do-able? My friend tells me the clarion products suck is this true? Help!!!

Im lookin to spend about 2000 MAX on a headunit like this. I just really want a dvd player since i make so many road trips. Thanks and any suggestions would be much appreciated!

-Kyle

Ok 2k is plenty. I personally like alpine and i have the alpine cva-1003 this is just the motorized screen i got it for $749 off ebay brand new. Now what i have to play dvds/mp3/cds/vcd is a pyle player it is by no means top of the line but for $191 it is awesome. It has a extra audio input to hook up ps2 or vcr if you desire. Now as far as clarion goes i agree they make ****ty screens and look very goofy to me how the whole front plate comes out. Panasonic and Alpine I would get one of those. Dont get the Kenwood touchscreen they malfunction after awhile since you are pressing it all the time. I bought my stuff off Ebay and i know you wont be disappointed. Ok i suggest this for you the Alpine CVA-801 just came out and they are on ebay for $1200 new. Than get the alpine cd/mp3/dvd player changers for $840 new. That would be an awesome setup. Motorized screens do not come with dvd players at least alpine do not. I believe Panasonic makes one but than they are $1500 on ebay new. Im not sure how big the slot is on the new X's but you can place the dvd player under one of the front seats if you have to. I placed mine right in the middle console. Again not sure if you can do that since you might have the computer console. Mixing and matching companys i would not try because they will have different dvd connectors probably. I would try to stay with one company. Trust me go on ebay and you will find tons of good stuff. I got my setup for under 1k so you got plenty to work with. If you want me to get into more detail about what models and where exactly it is on ebay pm i will help you get a killer setup.

Damn bro, thanks for all the info...I definitely got some iudeas from your post, and Id certainly wanna speak with you about settin up a sweet as sytem, do you have IM?My IM is KGav25 if ya wanna drop me a line. Im pretty new to this audio stuff and would love an details you could hook me up with...

I do like the alpine systems and had heard they were the best. I would almost definitely want to get all units into the space where my current stock system is. I dont think Id want to have my dvd/cd player under my seat just cause itd be a pain since I always have people in my car. No offense to your setup ya know? I think yours looks damn good.

Although I did say 2k MAX I guess if I could save money Id definitely look into getting the best system for the buck ya know? I looked up ebay items and found a CVA-1003, is that any good?

And check this out! This sytem looks sooo good to me...myt cousin isactualy the high bidder on it as of this post. Maybe he'll sell me his alpine in dash-dvd lcd he has already? Hmmm...

Anyway, get back at me bro
-Kyle

Back