Motorola MA1 Dongle Wirless Android Auto Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Motorola MA1 Dongle Wirless Android Auto Issues

jamzan2

Reaction score
City, State
Hutto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hello all. New to this forum. Figured this would be a good place to start. I just received my Motorola MA1 dongle for wireless Android Auto. Suffice to say, it is not as easy to sync as to online videos nor the instructions seem to suggest. In a nut shell, I can sync it via bt and I can see the androud auto wifi indicator on my phone, but, I never get an indicator from my head unit to complete the setup. I've already contacted the manufacturer/seller. They're 'escalating ' the issue and will email me back. Just wondering if anyone else has the dongle and was successful installing it. 2017 XLT..
Thanks for help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just did a 'Search' (upper right corner) on "Motorola MA1 Dongle" and various forms of it and your post was the only one that came up. So either no one else has this item or they have referred to it by another name.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I just did a 'Search' (upper right corner) on "Motorola MA1 Dongle" and various forms of it and your post was the only one that came up. So either no one else has this item or they have referred to it by another name.

Peter

Thanks. I searched as well prior to posting to ensure that I didn't get ragged on for not searching, lol. Kinda hard to believe no one else has tried the dongle. I feel special 😌.

I ordered one when it first launched, somehow it got lost at my local UPS hub the day of delivery. Thankfully Amazon refunded my money. Haven't been able to buy another one yet due to scalpers.

Finally got one, works great with my S22 Ultra. Reconnects everytime within 5 seconds after restart.

Finally got one, works great with my S22 Ultra. Reconnects everytime within 5 seconds after restart.

Do you have a link to the one you wound up with?

Thanks. Unfortunately they are sold out :(

Thanks. Unfortunately they are sold out :(
Correct, I've been vigorously trying to secure one since February. I just got one last week, so that should tell you they're in high demand with low volume like most everything these days.

Keep looking and sign up for notify when in-stock on Target.com and bestbuy.com, that's how I finally got one.

In stock now at Best Buy....

Hello all. New to this forum. Figured this would be a good place to start. I just received my Motorola MA1 dongle for wireless Android Auto. Suffice to say, it is not as easy to sync as to online videos nor the instructions seem to suggest. In a nut shell, I can sync it via bt and I can see the androud auto wifi indicator on my phone, but, I never get an indicator from my head unit to complete the setup. I've already contacted the manufacturer/seller. They're 'escalating ' the issue and will email me back. Just wondering if anyone else has the dongle and was successful installing it. 2017 XLT..
Thanks for help
I'm facing the same issue now. Did you manage to find a solution?

I'm facing the same issue now. Did you manage to find a solution?
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on Feb. 5, 2022, so may no longer be following.

Peter

FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on Feb. 5, 2022, so may no longer be following.

Peter
I was able to solve this issue. Pre-existing android auto connections need to be deleted from the android settings of the phone, and also on the Explorer's infotainment system. Then a new android auto connection needs to be established using a wired cable following which the rest of the steps in Motorola MA1 Wireless adapter manual are followed as usual.

Back