mount anywhere screens? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

mount anywhere screens?

dek86

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
I didnt know where to post this so i guess audio is the best... I was wondering if any of yall have any mount anywhere screens in your X and where are they mounted? I cant find a good spot for my 92 X. Just trying to get some ideas.
Thanks,
Danny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from what ive gathered from friend who have this done... the best place is the sunvisors. or seat head rests.. depends on if you want to see whats on the screen or not (while your parked.... of course)

Insted of the visors which are too high up to look at. And the headrests which only allow about one person to see the screen at a good angle without the colars changing and the screen looking funny. Find somthing that you could mount an lcd screen on, prefferbly somthing that can be moved around and swivel, and connect it to an area around the front middle of the car (around the HU) that way at least 3 people can see the movie, etc clearly (2 front passangers and the middle back) just what I was visioning.

Mine are mounted in the visors and I see them just fine. You can tilt and swivel the visors.

19861_92_full.jpg

theres were I mounted mine. 5.6" with a fiberglass trim peice. All 4 people in the car can see it, its alittle small for text, but just fine for picture

I was talking to a shop around here and they suggested something very interesting....put a 5.6" screen in where the stock radio is...I know of at least one brand that will fit there perfectly. Then put your head unit down in the middle console where darkfox put his screen. As long as you have the head unit angled correctly it would come out fine.

darkfox, that screen is impressive, howd you make you mounting kit for the headunit... very cool

Mine

EXVideo.jpg

MP3.jpg

Originally posted by Cdexplorer
I was talking to a shop around here and they suggested something very interesting....put a 5.6" screen in where the stock radio is...I know of at least one brand that will fit there perfectly. Then put your head unit down in the middle console where darkfox put his screen. As long as you have the head unit angled correctly it would come out fine.

I saw a 7 inch widescreen LCD on eBay the other day, and it looked like it would fit perfectly in the DIN+1/2 area. I'll try to find it again and post pics.

Dead Link Removed

If you took the casing off that screen, it would fit almost perfectly in the opening of the DIN+1/2 dash. It's something I'm considering doing.

Back