Where to mount another pair of 6x9's?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to mount another pair of 6x9's?!

dmanhogg

Reaction score
City, State
Penticton, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XL
Need some help finding the best place to mount another set of 6x9's in my Explorer. Quick over view of the system:
2 15" L7's
2 Kenwood KAC-9104 amps

4 Alpine 6x8 door speakers ran off a KENWOOD 4 channel amp at 80w per.

2 Alpine 6" component speakers in custom center console and 4 Bass shakers ran off an identical KENWOOD 4 channel.

Basically, what I'm looking for are some good ideas on where to mount another set of 6x9's. All of the spots I can think of are either taken or un useable. The doors and the center console are taken up, and they do not fit in the kick panels. Any suggestions!? It is a First Gen Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hatch wouldnt work without serious chopping of the inside components (Lots of stuff in there for wiper, lock, handle, etc)

I was gonna mount a set of them in the REAR cargo area, basically like right behind the rear seats, in the side panels, theres perfect room back there in either side

The Hatch works you just have to build plates to cover the holes and spacers to bring the speakers away from the steel a bit, they end up level with the plastic that way too.

Keep in mind that I can glass any where I need too, so the hatch could possibly work, but I don't have a clue how I would get the wire out there at all. I only have one side in my trunk because my sub box sits inside the panel on the passenger side. Any more suggestions?

Back