• Register Today It's free!

Mounty gauge cluster

anikek

Reaction score
City, State
Paducah, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Limited
I have looked around the forum and haven't found a clear answer. If I buy a mounty cluster, will it function normally, like the dummy lights? Also will the odometer reading be correct or will it take the mileage of the new cluster?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

od will be w/e you buy it with, if from a junk yard w/e the mileage is of that cluster.

you have to find the same year as your truck or the one that would work...if you have the message center then you would have to find that one...if you just have the mileage and the temp guage then you would have to go for that one...

only thing to make it work is that you would have to swap out your electronic board of the cluster that reads the mileage and plugs into the harness into the new mounty cluster...you need to take each of the clusters apart and swap over the board to make it work...hope that helps

Here is the thread on swapping the clusters

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218636

i swapped mine out for a Mounty cluster that has 4x4 high HIGH and then AWD LOCK which lights up when my 4x4 low is engaged. My truck doesn't have the message center, but the cluster i swapped in does.

Any mounty cluster( With or without message center or 4x4 high lights) will work as long as you swap the internal digital read out.

Here is mine. The bottom cluster is a combination of an explorer cluster, with the explorer needles, and the Mounty face plate. That was my attempt at a cluster swap before i found the write up. It was terrible and the needles fell down when the truck was off and none of them were right because i had to pull them off and re attach them after i swapped the face plate. The top is my second attempt, a full Mounty cluster with all of the dummy lights fully functional

IMAG0395.jpg

Back