• Register Today It's free!

MTX Thunderform

crankinaway

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA
I recieved a reply from MTX stating that their Thunderform sub box has been confirmed to fit 07 - 09 Sport Tracs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They making a new one? or the first gen fits? You can make your own for about $30, and put a much better driver in, or buy a pre-made box for around $90.

They making a new one? or the first gen fits? You can make your own for about $30, and put a much better driver in, or buy a pre-made box for around $90.

based on their website it looks like the first gen one fits

Here's my setup.... not show quality but it does allow the seat to fold down all the way and sounds AMAZING!

DSC01550.JPG

Why such a long box I am retarded when it comes to this stuff does it make the bass sound better.

Why such a long box I am retarded when it comes to this stuff does it make the bass sound better.

I needed the right airspace for the Sub...It needed to be long casue I did not want it thicker or higher!

I got it each sub needs to be able to move a certain amount of air to be effective.

I don't want to lose the back panel as the top edge is unfinished. I have since upgraded the sub only to a pioneer shallow mount and am impressed at the improvement based on cost factor.

I am still running the factory amp until I see smoke then I'll go aftermarket. I found the factory box is quite well built and does not have any detectable movement that would detract from the subs air output. Unlike the Explorer box in which ppl try to reinforce it, the Sport Tracs is quite square adding to its ridgity without any mods.

Here's my setup.... not show quality but it does allow the seat to fold down all the way and sounds AMAZING!

DSC01550.JPG

Why the spacer on the sub? That box looks like more than enought cubic feet?

WOW UIN2IT... that box looks good. Very professional looking. :thumbsup:

Thunderform its in the 2nd Gen Sport Tracs. I have one in my '07. Only thing I do not like is I can not put the seat down on that side. I do like the fact it is totally hidden and sounds great!

Any sub in the ST is going to be totally hidden -- unless you have it in place of the rear seats. The only place it can go is behind the seat, or under it. Both will be stealth unless you look for it. I didn't want to remove my rear panel, so one is then limited to some 8", or shallow 10s/12s.

I honestly never see a reason to lay a seat down. Why would one do this -- other than to get to the rear jack, etc.? If it doesn't fit in the truck bed, it's not going to fit in the back seat. You don't gain that much additional room with the seat down.

I'm guessing the space in UIN2IT's box is "because the sub need the mounting depth". There's really not much depth back there -- even though it looks like it from the pic. Most subs will have 6+" for a 12". That looks to be a W3 with a depth of 6-5/8". That's a very tight fit behind the seat -- to leave enough room for Xmax.

To each his own, yes in SportTrac they are almost always totally hidden. In my other vehicles they can be seen if trunk is open or peering through the backwindow. Guess I should have been more specific for the masses, it was a general statement for this box.
As for the seats going flat, I am one of millions when I speak and like the surface for when my dogs are inside the cab on rainy days. Do not like them walking on the leather and the old blanket moves around too much. As anything posted on the internet, your experience may vary.
All in all, thread was/is about the MTX Thunderform and I stick to my likes and dislikes.

,,,,,I honestly never see a reason to lay a seat down. Why would one do this -- other than to get to the rear jack, etc.? If it doesn't fit in the truck bed, it's not going to fit in the back seat. You don't gain that much additional room with the seat down.,,,,,.
At times I need a bit more as the truck bed is full of tools. I will place boxes on the folded seats as well. Doesn't happen often but my truck is a work truck.

Back