• Register Today It's free!

muddy water!

Dylansav

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities,Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I did some searches on the site and I could not come up with anything relating to this...

I like mud puddles. I dont know why but I just do. I like to drive fast through a mud puddle when I can. My truck gets dirty quickly. But is this normal; the entire engine compartment (when u open the hood) is splashed with muddy water. It is nothing serious, everything runs fine (now it does...) but it just looks really bad to me. I have two questions...

What would let mud into the engine compartment like that? It looks like it was just sprayed lightly inside of it. Could I do anything to prevent this?

And..What is the safest and easiest way to clean the engine under the hood when mud is splashed on the outside of it?

Thanks for any help guys!

It's sprayed like hell in there with mud because it's splashing up, hitting your fan and getting blasted all over. You might want to be careful and make sure you're keeping your intake dry, although if they're just shallow puddles it's probably a non-issue. My engine compartment was a muddy nightmare from offroading, and I recently busted out the pressure washer and blasted a lot of it clean after covering some electrical stuff (like the alternator) and my intake with plastic bags.

I refer you to this post:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1091867&postcount=16

You might not need to go into that big of a cleaning job if it's just muddy water and not a lot of heavy grease and oil, but it's a good reference for a full detail.

:)thanks alot for the link, it really helped

Back