• Register Today It's free!

muffler question

bigbadfred

Reaction score
City, State
West Allis, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
which is a better sounding muffler the borla with no chambers in it or the 2 chamber flowmaster or the 50series delta 3 chamber muffler. I want a deep growl when I get on it but don't want to piss off the neighbors either. I heard the delta 40 series muffler is loud but how loud is loud does it sound good or like crap. Flowmaster I heard rusts real quick and borla has lifetime warrenty has anyone heard a borla or 40 series delta flowmaster muffler on a 91-94 ford explorer. Opinions please I am wanting a new exhaust but don't know what to go with. I need opinions on people who have or heard these different mufflers on 91-94 explorers.:cool:

I got a borla car back exhuast kit like a week ago for my 91 off of truckperformance.com. it was priced at 290.00, and at borla they want 520.00 or something. What a deal! heh..well my exhaust is growl, and not piss of the neighbors...but it has the put or the pop sound once in a while when u rev it...i personally dont like that sound, i thin of ricers when i hear it...but when your jus cruising or idle it rumbles pretty nice.

Its a nice quiet growl lol...you can go to the site www.borla.com and hear it for yourself, they have wav files of all of their exhaust and mufflers. It sounds pretty close to that, but without the popping.

Piece!

-Mike

I got the flowmaster 2 cat back exhaust from truckperformance.com for 163. To me the price was what sold me on the flowmaster over the others. I havent gotten it yet, should be here either today or tomorrow.

Hey Thor....tell us what you think of your flowmaster exhaust. That is the same one I want to get. I just need to hit the lottery

Back