• Register Today It's free!

My '02 Sport!

ndhaon91

Reaction score
City, State
phoenix, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
Finally got the pics. I've had the sport for 2 months now. just hit 36,000 miles. the first thing i did was remove two god awful black and yellow pinstripes. i added the front plate because even though we stink, i bleed blue and gold. :) just this weekend i swiss-cheesed the airbox and removed the tacky red and white "sport" emblem from the rear gate.

other than that, the vehicle is totally stock. when time and income permit, i want to go for a nice sporty/street look (ala black magic, hydroxy, et al.) part of the reason i'm posting these pics is that i hope some photoshop gurus can help give me an idea of ways to go. even if you can't do that, your opinions on directions i should go would be greatly appreciated!

i love the way the front plate goes with the gold color of the truck and the ford blue. what i'm hoping is to add some blue to the truck in tasteful ways and get a nice blue and gold theme going! i hate the gray cladding and was thinking maybe something could be done there, but again... how to do it without being tacky? i'd also like to paint the radio bezel and trim around the gauge a nice blue. maybe something with the door interior as well. i've seen one or two interior paint jobs that look great.

i'm glad to be a part of the forum!

(pics to follow)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

curse of the red 'X' bro...i cant see squat:(

i dont think FTW allows linking from their site.

argh. now i'm embarrassed. maybe links?

(ok i changed them all to links. :))

yeah, links will work. thats how I saw them, i just pasted them in a new browser. FTW wont let you direct link them.

Heres a quickie of one you wanted me to photoshop. The pics are kinda small, and in low resolution so i couldnt do too much, but try this out!

BEFORE
382009.jpg

AFTER
newtruck.jpg

Try and get some higher resolution pics, and I can do much more!
;)

wow... thats a slick color! check your pm! :)

Ok, as you requested heres your truck accented with blue paint, lowered and with Cobra R rims. Hope you like! :)

BEFORE
best.jpg

AFTER
truckforfavor.jpg

HERES THE GRILL BLUE AS YOU REQUESTED
grill2.jpg

oh hell yes! Fhantazm, that looks phenomenal. i feared having just the cladding blue would look awkward, but you solved that with the hood and door handles. i think it looks great! thanks so much for the help.

any other opinions on that look?

No problem man!! I thought just the blue cladding was kind of weird looking also. Thats why I accented the rest.

Back