My 1994 4-Door Explorer Make-Over | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1994 4-Door Explorer Make-Over

Basically it is now a buggy. Chopped most of the sheetmetal off, redesigned my cage, redesigned the rear suspension and shortened the wheelbase to ~105" from the 122" it was at.

Trail pics to HOPEFULLY come soon!

redo7.jpg

redo8.jpg

redo11.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by jimabena74
that actually sounds pretty reasonable... when i asked rick over a year sgo how much his truck was worth/has cost he said about $25k.....

what i really want is a full cage with the front clip redesigned with a tubular apron.. much like justin mcniels explorer.... but to keep the stock parts..... i basically want a full on caged buggy but with mounts for sheetmetal... has to be street legal... but can be borderline at that.... that way with stock suspension i can run 33s with full lockers...

Ship the truck out here and I can do it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by CoryL
Over off Crittenden Dr in a warehouse.

Give me a call on my cell if you ever want to stop by since I am not there all the time.

Is your cell the 594 Number?

(BTW do you or Alan know of anyone in Lou trying to get rid of some 33x12.5

Originally posted by Yomie
Is your cell the 594 Number?

(BTW do you or Alan know of anyone in Lou trying to get rid of some 33x12.5

Yeah, it is also my work number which is listed on the webpage.

Can't think of anybody, sorry.

Cory, any more updated pics on Robbs truck yet? I've got that link with the pics on your site. Just wondering how it's coming along.

Are you doing to sheet metal work on your truck yourself? Are you going all the way around or just on the rear?

Happy trails!!

I'll tell Robb to start a thread in here so I can update pics as they come.

The rear fenders are fiberglass.

The fronts will be steel when I get to them, but not custom.

Your X is looking good.

I hope it functions as well.

your getting that modifying bug in my system again cory. mmmmm buggie

Back