• Register Today It's free!

My 2006 Explorer won't start.

Lindale

Reaction score
City, State
Irving
Year, Model & Trim Level
Howy guys

I have a problem with 2006 ford explorer and wanted to see if anyone knows anything or has had the same problem. The check engine light is on and the engine will turn over but won't start. Can anyone help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

What is the code?

cel should be on when the key is on engine off.

do you have fuel, spark, did you check anything? inertia switch is off?

does the theft light flash, blink, prove out?

Sounds like inertia switch to me, then id start checking my fuel pressure (see if there is a noise from your fuel pump) and if so then fuel filter yada yada. Welcome to the forums!

i dont know if your ex has a bleeder valve on the fuel rail or not but if you press the valve in after trying to turn your engine and fuel spits out, you know fuel is getting that far. that would also mean your inersia switch is good.
do the basics first and see if you can get a buddy to listen for the fuel pump engaging when you turn the key. put a funnel in your gas recepticle to help you hear it. it should hum for a few seconds then cut.
if you cant hear anything check your inersia switch. the button should be pushed in. you check that because the inersia switch can cut power to your fuel pump if the switch is popped.
i just went through the whole hastle of this fuel system failing me. granted mine is a 91 but it should all work the same. my best advice to you, is that its most likely something simple. just dont do what i did and replace everything.

Back