~ My 2008 Adrenalin | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

~ My 2008 Adrenalin

I left the tailgate emblem for now. I probably will take it off because it's hard to find other lettering that matches the font and style.

Come to find out, it never came with the side emblems. I never noticed but I saw a few pics on different STAs with the lame side "adrenalin" markings and I had a kid at my dealership bring the truck to our custom shop. I told them I wanted the side emblems removed. He called me back and said; "um...there are no side marking on your truck." I was happy! I think the side "adrenalin" markings are just glued on. Some heat and goo-gone should take them off. They just look so stupid. I can't figure out why people would put them on. Like those people that buy huge "mustang" decals for their front windshield. What the hell? Like people don't know it's a mustang.

I wanted to get SVT badging for my STA since it's an SVT concept.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm also still shopping the the best bang for the buck exhaust but so for nothing really beats the Magnaflow. I'm just trying to figure out how loud I want it. I've actually talked to Magnaflow about the sound I want. Basically they recommended the same thing Andy did. 5x11x22 oval and custom pipes via local installer. They don't make a bolt on kit for the STA because of the straight out the rear tailpipe.

The 5x11 happens to be their most mellow muffler. It has the lowest amount of what I call "wannabe crackle."

For more details just ask Andy :) The guy knows his ****e.

psycareyo -
Did you remove any of the tailgate emblems? I am betting there maybe a factory hole behind both the Sport trac emblem (left side) and the Adrenalin emblem (right side).

I am Just wondering.

let me know if any of you have removed them.
photos would be great.

Thinking for a production stand point. I don't think there will be a hole. It would be cheaper and faster to glue them on. They do it with most of the other emblems so why change it for the Adrenalin?

I can't confirm it though.

psycareyo,
I am also looking to make some exterior changes to my 08 Adrenalin.
I am not looking for performance in the Adrenalin, my other truck will serve that purpose. My ST will be for snow and a daily driver, and to tow my Lightning to races when I need.

As for mufflers, I would say dual Magnaflows have served me well on my Lightning for 7 years, seeing they are stainless they will last forever and the quality will match your trucks quality. My STA is a 4.6L with AWD w/Class3 towing, and I just enjoy the stock cabin noise level for now (quiet).

as for our tailgate, I am betting there are holes behind a couple of the emblems, I just have not talked to anyone that has removed them yet.
I am sure I will have questions one where, how and what regarding mods similiar to the Adrenalin Concept.
Hopefully someone will chime in if they have a headstart on body mods, and want to share information.
take care

After finally getting my truck back I've been pretty disapointed...

IMO, the AWD 4.6L STA needs performance upgrades bad. It's a dog. That AWD eats up a serious amount of power. While the power to weight ratio is better than my F150...my F150 spanked this thing hard. Probably because of the transmission more than anything.

I took an 08 ST 4x4 Limited v8 with only 2,700miles in on trade for a new Lincoln Mark LT. The guy did a K&N intake, Hypertech tune (I think), Aeroturbine "muffler" and it hauls azz. It has the same exact powertrain as the STA. I'm hoping that if I do those same mods I can get more performance from my STA because right now I'm not happy at all.

Love the way it looks though. Thats the most important thing to me. I don't have the desire to beat the truck but it needs to put me back in the seat when I tell it to.

I understand you feelings about the 4.6L power. For me as a daily driver, the Adrenalin is peppy enough to get out ahead of traffic if I need it too. But l was not looking for another race truck, I really love the looks and no more fear of snow storms.

Look at my profile and you will see my sport trac next to my daily driver of the past 14 years. I have over 167,000 miles on the Lightning it runs mid 13's in 1/4 all day long and is comfortable, though its not where you want to be in a snow storm. But for regular summer driving I get about 15 mpg w/AC going and its all I ever need for power.

The adrenalin seats 5, runs good in the snow, and can tow my truck if I need so I am very happy.

Now for the exterior, I will continue to look for the parts I want. They will either roll in or I will make to make them.

take care

looks bad ass

There are 2 holes behind the Sport Trac emblem. Nothing behind the Adrenalin one.

Sorry I have not been around here thatmuch. I am back onsite and can answer any questions you guys may have about teh STA. Its a great truck and so far I am loving it!

Hello Dingo!

Ya know what's funny Andy, 5 years ago I lived in Jasper, GA. I worked for my father microbiology company training his sales staff. It only took me one year and I was back up north!

I've actually been to your town to look at someone's 69 Camaro!

You went back? Odd. Most of the northerners I've met around here came for a weekend and decided to stay.

Jasper's pretty boring, though.

I went back because I missed all my friends and I got an employment offer from an RV dealership that I could not resist.

Jasper was boring.

I have found that with the STA each color takes on it's own characteristics. They seem to look different not only in color but also in style and even in shape. There are bodylines in the red that do not appear in the black and vice versa. The same goes for the white and the silver. There are lines I see in the White that I don't catch with any of the other colors. I like the red its one of my favorites but, they are a bit too common and I decided its just not the style I was looking for. Black is always a beautiful color especially on sport trucks or cars but again not the styling I was really looking for. I chose the White Suede because it has the sporty stance I wanted and it also has an under tone of elegance to me. I don't know if anyone else sees it but I do and so does my wife so it was our choice of color.

Just in case you couldn't tell UIN2IT I think your truck looks great. I like the unique appearence of the wheels that sets you apart from the other Black STAs, and your badging mod is one I'll probably copy hope you don't mind just take it as a compliment.

Back