My 2013 Sport gets ordered today | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Sport gets ordered today

suddenstorm

Reaction score
City, State
Islip Terrace, New York
I am very excited about this. I am 45 and this is the first vehicle I have ever factory ordered. They seem to all be coming fully loaded by me. All I wanted was a silver sport with the 400A tow hitch and power liftgate.

I ended up ordering on Friday the silver with the 402A package and no moon roof. I have a 2011 Edge and my wife and I never use the moon roof.

I opted for the 402a because there were 2 small features that were not available as a stand alone option that were pretty important to me as silly as it sounds. The Garage door opener and the Ambient lighting. With black interior I feared the cabin to be like a cave at night, and the garage door opener (home link as it used to be called) was something I missed having since my 2002 Windstar SEL.

I have a couple of questions.

(1) I have watched a number of videos about this car and a coulple of them say that the 402A comes with power rear folding seats.. but yet I cannot find that written anywhere.

(2)I signed the paper work and gave my deposit on Friday. They said that the order goes in on Monday. Is the 6 to 8 week period a normal time frame for the build of this vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 402A doesn't have power folding 3rd row. It's not an option for the Sport. Period.

6-8 weeks sounds about right. I was tempted to order mine, but they found one 250 miles away and did a dealer transfer for me. I had it 3 days later.

...(1) I have watched a number of videos about this car and a coulple of them say that the 402A comes with power rear folding seats.. but yet I cannot find that written anywhere.

(2)I signed the paper work and gave my deposit on Friday. They said that the order goes in on Monday. Is the 6 to 8 week period a normal time frame for the build of this vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Congratulations on ordering! I'm sure you'll love your new Explorer. Onto your questions!

1. Power folding third row seats are included in the Luxury Seating Package on the Limited, not on the Sport.

2. That's pretty standard from what I've seen, but keep in mind that delivery estimates are just that - estimates. I can give you weekly updates on your Explorer's status; send me a PM with your order number and dealer name/location and I'll keep you in the loop!

The 402A doesn't have power folding 3rd row. It's not an option for the Sport. Period.

6-8 weeks sounds about right. I was tempted to order mine, but they found one 250 miles away and did a dealer transfer for me. I had it 3 days later.

Thanks for the great info, steve04KU!

Crystal

Thanks Everybody!

I can't do a dealer search because I am using X-PLAN pricing. I have to take what is in dealer stock or order one. So I chose to order one!

I can't wait for this puppy!

I am very excited about this. I am 45 and this is the first vehicle I have ever factory ordered. They seem to all be coming fully loaded by me. All I wanted was a silver sport with the 400A tow hitch and power liftgate.

I ended up ordering on Friday the silver with the 402A package and no moon roof. I have a 2011 Edge and my wife and I never use the moon roof.

I opted for the 402a because there were 2 small features that were not available as a stand alone option that were pretty important to me as silly as it sounds. The Garage door opener and the Ambient lighting. With black interior I feared the cabin to be like a cave at night, and the garage door opener (home link as it used to be called) was something I missed having since my 2002 Windstar SEL.

(1) I have watched a number of videos about this car and a coulple of them say that the 402A comes with power rear folding seats.. but yet I cannot find that written anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Welcome to the Forum suddenstorm.:wavey:
Congratulations on making the big leap. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I love the moonroof although it doesn't get much use this time of year. I like how it brightens and seems to open up the interior. The shade is never closed.
Now the waiting game begins.;)

Peter

I'll second what Steve says. You won't really miss the power folding seat as the manual changeover is quicker once you get used to it and it's not a lot of effort to do the work. A disappointment is the lack of HID headlights which I hope Ford will make available as an option on the 2014s, and at least make it available to put in the 2013s.

congrats i know your excited as I am...this is my first real SUV, i owned a 2008 Jeep SRT8 but with my job change at work it required me to drive about 150 miles per day for work only. So i dumped it last year for a 2012 Kia Optima Turbo...well now that I have my new baby boy the optima is getting cramped (also have 2 daughters) so I added the 2013 Sport to the stable...its suppose to be here on Saturday in Houston....can't wait. Still keeping the optima as i get almost 40mpg on the highway and 28-30 in Houston Traffic

(1) I have watched a number of videos about this car and a coulple of them say that the 402A comes with power rear folding seats. but yet I cannot find that written anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Congrats on your order! I also used the X-Plan and my Sport took about seven weeks when I ordered to get to Long Island.Glad to hear another Sport coming to the Island, haven't seen any on the road as of yet. Stay in touch with Crystal she makes the waiting period a bit easier.
Good luck
Lou

Back