my 85 BII and my 87 BII XLT projects | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 85 BII and my 87 BII XLT projects

ronz8595

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
85BIIregn87BIIEXT
Well I have had the 85 BII Reg. for about 2yrs.now she ( brown beast ) has sat most of that time bought it with a bad autotrans. but she ran good-has a nice lift and real nice tall and wide tires. My plan for her is to V-8 it ! Wanna take the BII body and set it on a 3/4 ton 4x4 frame after shortning it ! Btw paid $300.00 for it decent body and all, it also has the newer 2.9 V-6 EFI . With the 87 BII XLT ( Sweet Blue ) I just got her last weekend for $550.00 with the haul up here $150.00 for the haul so it was $400.00 for the rig. She has a blown motor, but has a brand new paint job,nice wheels ok tires. Since it has a great paint job and the XLT package , I am gonna up grade her with a 4.0 EFI V-6 and all the other goodies from a 91 Ford Explorer , then maybe a sun roof ! She will be my dd so she is gonna not go wheelin and all the other fun stuff , but hay thats y I have the 85 BII for right ? So for now the good 2.9 EFI V-6 and the good autotrans. are going in ( sweet Blue )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey a dumb question ! can I upload pics from my pc ? if not then my pics are at Bronco Boggers and on Facebook @ Ronald Brown from Washington State . thx

get an account at photobucket.com and up load your pics there, then copy the code and post it here....

oh ok cool thx dude I have one

If you need any advice on the 4.0 swap, contact Diff Whack Daddy (Kevin). He's down in Mt Vernon and can answer ANY question.

best advice for 4.0 Swap ... send me the 4.0 i will give it a 200k testing run, and return it to you with a full write up of its goods and bads :p

Albinoltd , do you have his email or bussiness name ? Thx and thx alot Ha ha FuterX

Albinoltd , do you have his email or bussiness name ? Thx and thx alot Ha ha FuterX

Diff Whack Daddy, here on the forum. he is one of the moderators for the 'under the hood' forum. you can send him a PM

Back