My 93 BLue XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 93 BLue XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah thats the only thing im worried about is it matching the rest of my car w/o ground effects.

Yes, big bad fred, EE means Explorer Express.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blue XLT

Do you have any new pics of your ride, I only seen your old pics minus the new air dam:D

Yeah pics please:bounce:

Brad

You should post your ruff and tuff vehicle on this board with that brush guard once it is installed. You also have that killer exhaust system as well. You go with your bad self:chug:

Yeah i got to get off of my butt and get on that,I am not a computer whiz like you computer stuff comes slow to me:eek: Tune up day on the old ex today:D

sorry man I dont have an airdam, wish I did though!!!!!!!

93 Blue Xlt,

I just wanted to say that you have one of the best looking early model explorer around. About the decals you are thinking about i would leave them off cause your paintjob is just too nice to be messed with, although it wouldnt look bad if you did decide to put on one.

By the way...what size wheels and tires are you running?? Ive been trying to figure out the perfect combo to use and your setup is one of the best ive seen. And just for the record is your x lowered or factory height?? In the first few pictures it looks factory but on the last page it seems like it is lowered a little.
Thanks.

JZ, thanks for the compliments. Ive decided to not do the graphix package.
The wheels are cobra R 17's with 275/55/R17. As far as the suspension goes, its not dropped yet. Ive got the rear lowering leafs and the front coils on order, they should be here shortly then It will be dropped 2" in the front and 3" in the back.

Thanks for the info, just one more i was wandering was what width your rims were and if you experienced any rubbing on the sway bars or anything else.
Thanks Again!

theyre 17x9's there is a little bit of rubbing when its under full steering lock, its not that bad if you can remember to compensate for it when you back out of a parking space, not a problem whatsoever when your just driving. I cant wait untill its dropped next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smoke:

JZ

Do you have any pics of your ride I can see?:D

sorry, i dont have any pics yet...but i just got a scanner the other day sooo hopefully i can get soem pictures developed maybe this weekend and put them up.

brian. well I got them in, but I dont have the $$ to buy my coils yet. I lost my job from sprint, so Im flat broke. Just got a new job thats paying pretty well so once I get caught up. Ill have it dropped.

Andy

Very nice

It looks very trick. What's the audio system sound like?

yea i wanna see pics of the drop....r u gonna drop urs ewogo

wow, you did the almost the exact same thing that i was wanting to do...monochromatic paint, blue, (what exact color is that?) painted mirrors.. i do have a question on the mirrors...it looks like you painted the entire assembly...mirror housing and bracket....but, on the side with the actual mirror, did you remove the mirror to sand the inside of the housing so you could get the blue paint all the way inside, so no black showed? hope you can understand...because im debating on what all i wanna paint...either the mirror housing alone, or just the back side of it, like on the 97-03 f-150 mirrors...

93bluexlt...what size wheels and tires do you have and is it lowered?

2wd or 4wd??

Back