My engine bay | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My engine bay

what type of paint did you use? i would like to do something like this in red, with lots of chrome accents.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brand or color ?
It is some engine paint from a rattle can. It is actually a Chrysler engine block paint.
I wanted just that right shade of blue and that was it. I still have the can at work, I can tell you the brand if you wish.

when you painted the plastic covers and what not did you snd them and then spray or just spray?

scuffed them up with a scuff pad
blew them off with compressed air
wiped them down with anti-static, tar, wax and grease remover.
Let it sit for ten minuts, and layed on five or six thin coats at twenty mineut intervals

would the blowing off with compressed air and wipping it with the grase remover be comprabal to cleaning it really well?

How'd you go about cleaning it? I know on my mustang I just Covered up the alt. and sprayed the crap out of it with degreaser let it sit then hosed it down... what do you have to cover up...

Thanks..

nah I can probably figure out a brand at o'reileys if its just regular high temp engine paint. thanks though. looks awesome

Hear is a useless bit of info for ya, on the Exported explorers the brake master cylinder, Coil pack and fuse box are on the left of the engine bay and the Cruse control unit and A/C plumbing and blower motor is on the right.

SkanlaxJMO said:
would the blowing off with compressed air and wipping it with the grase remover be comprabal to cleaning it really well?

yeah.

xxwhitecastlexx said:
How'd you go about cleaning it? I know on my mustang I just Covered up the alt. and sprayed the crap out of it with degreaser let it sit then hosed it down... what do you have to cover up...

Thanks..

I know its wrong, but I dont cover any thing.

Cold engine, light mist spray with water. Then I do my interrior, than I wash and detail the out side. Then I pop the hood ( it is usually fairly dry by now )
All the rubber and plastic get rubbed down with Meguars rubber and plastic shine. Meguars Quick Detail on all the metal parst. Lastly glass cleaner on the MAC intake.

Soo... To Get Back to my question.... How did you go about cleaning the engine bay?

see the post right above the question you just asked.

yeah that happens some tiems when you post wile a another message is being written.

Hey Monmix,

Where did you get the air intake tube and air filter. That is awesome looking. Did you have to upgrade the MAF sensor?

Im wanting to get a 2000 Sport within the next few months. Are there any problems that I should know about with these besides the tranny?

Thanks!!

Mike

I am pretty sure MONMIX got his intake from Explorer Express ( is that correct MONMIX ? ) If you click on his link " my Explorer " You will see it is a MAC inatke and he has a PRO-M MAS.

Not too shabby, but a 5.0 and an Optima Yellow Top would really make it "Flashy"

Back