My instrument lights aren't working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My instrument lights aren't working

explorer80

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
All of my other lights work just fine (turn signals, check engine, seat belt, etc.)
The lights that illuminate the instrument cluster and the climate control panel are not working. I checked the #17 location of the fuse panel by the driver door and it was blown. I replaced it 2x and still nothing. I checked the fuses under the hood and they are all good. When I turn the wheel all the way up it still turns on the dome, so the switch seems fine. I don't know what else to check.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

you too on my 1997 mercury mountaineer 5.0 everything work but the dam instrument cluster lights and the lights on the locks and a/c lights dark..?/ all fuse are good i need a ford or mercury 1997 wire diagram? any help will do thanks

All of my other lights work just fine (turn signals, check engine, seat belt, etc.)
The lights that illuminate the instrument cluster and the climate control panel are not working. I checked the #17 location of the fuse panel by the driver door and it was blown. I replaced it 2x and still nothing. I checked the fuses under the hood and they are all good. When I turn the wheel all the way up it still turns on the dome, so the switch seems fine. I don't know what else to check.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
I have same problem on 2005 explorer. Did you figure it out? What was the problem?

Back