• Register Today It's free!

My new system almost done....

Harken

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
I just had a new Alpine CDA-9811 installed and a pair of Boston Acoustics speakers in the front doors, kept the factory rears.
Sounded pretty good but of course I wasnt satisfied so I bought a JL custom stealth sub enclosure with a 10" JL sub, added an Alpine 200 watt Amp (750) and of course sounds a lot better. I chose the stealth system because I didnt want to sacrafice any cargo area and it sounds pretty good.
Well let me tell you guys thinking of buying a new HU, the time correction feature Alpine has is an awesome tool. WHat a difference when its set up right. The imaging moves all the speakers timewise equidistant from the vehicles driver.
Today I had XM radio installed and found out what everyone was raving about. AWESOME listening to radio with no commercials :bounce:
Next? I need a 4 channel amp then... I will move the Boston acoustics to the rear doors and install seperates in the front.
Then my audio will be done. Wish I could do it now but geeze... im going broke already. $$$$$$$$$$
Now im starting to apreciate my trucks audio system as much as my home system.
Hey, anyone have any suggestions or comments on what I have so far or what I can do to improve?

Back