• Register Today It's free!

My new system

miclightning

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer
well, in process anyway. i have the Panasonic CQ-hx2083u headunit, visonik 1000 watt amp with remote, 2 12" alpine type R 1000 watts each, 4 new kenwood 6x8's, and now im just waiting on my box for my subs in the mail. Now i got all 4 of the 6x8's in by myself, only took about an hour or so. But my problem is the all thw wiring with the head unit, amp and subs. Im really confused with what to do. The subs are dual voice coils too. Also, any suggestions on where to ground my wire too in my car? i got a 99 eddie bauer. thanks guys.

Does your deck have a dedicated sub channel?

If so, just wire up the amp (power from battery (fuse it), ground to somewhere close, remote from the deck) - then run your RCA's back to your sub amp, set your crossover on the amp and (if applicable) in your deck and presto, bass.

If not, you'll be bouncing the signal into your amp off of your rear channel.

I grounded my amp in my 98 Sport to one of the bolts that hold the clips in, under the back mat. Sand down the area you're grounding to first so that you get a solid connection.

HTH

Edit: Looked up your deck - you do have a sub out. Piece of cake. :) Just make sure you run your RCA's down the opposite side of the truck as your power wire. There's also a 145 (or 175, can't recall which offhand) amp fuse at the fusebox under the hood, right around where you'll want to run through the firewall. I used that terminal for my 12v lead.

If you need help with the firewall runthrough, I can snap a couple of pics of where I went through. There's a couple of posts on here that talk about it as well. :)

I grounded to the same spot. works just fine. Like he said, rough it up with some sandpaper to make sure you're on metal

Back