• Register Today It's free!

My ST is sponsored (Mishimoto)

Gse Brent

Reaction score
City, State
Small Wonder
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
I've been talking to a project manager over at Mishimoto for a couple weeks now about doing a video install guide for a trans cooler on my ST. I've dealt with the company for years now through my work. My work helped them get all their r&d to get into the powersports world and now they're making radiators and hoses for most current dirtbikes. They're big in the import car world too and also do some diesel truck stuff. Anyway basically I lended them my truck and they did a video install guide for their transmission cooler. As compensation they gave me their trans cooler and the install was completely free. I put the Mishimoto sticker on my front bumper to show thanks and try to push the product as much as possible. After a couple weeks of driving around with it, the truck seems like it runs a little better. Things seem smoother so to speak. The video install guide isn't up yet but i'll keep you guys posted when it does. Need to get some better pics up too but this is what i got so far.

CentralPencader-20120409-00288.jpg

CentralPencader-20120409-00289.jpg

It looks like they just ran lines from the stock one to the new one. The stock one is still in place. Funny seeing an american truck with all these japanese parts and stickers, Nitto and Mishimoto. Anyway if your looking for a trans cooler go with the one from Mishimoto, great product.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully they didn't bypass the stock one cauz the stock one is usually a little better being of the stacked plate design. The stacked plate disperses the fluid thereby increasing its surface area and giving it more time to transfer heat. On the other hand, the finned tube design pretty much just keeps the fluid's surface area constant throughout the exchanger system.

51606_400x201.jpg

I'll have to take some pictures of the lines coming off the stock one to the Mishimoto one. This one installed would only benefit me though right? I don't tow or haul anything just some offroading and running oversized heavy tires.

Yeah it would only benefit as long as the stock one hasn't been bypassed.

Subscribin for the video.

that is awesome. id like to get my truck sponsored by my local off road shop. that would be sick. i have a similar story that happened to me as well that im going to post in the trac forum.

LONO,

Would love to hear the story! Kind of rare these days.

Back