• Register Today It's free!

My Trac leans

Skymark

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston,WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport trac
When I park on a level surface my Sport Trac Leans to the left as if were loaded down on the left side. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most likely the torsion bars are not adjusted equally from side to side. An alignment shop can take care of it. Less likely, but possible, is a broken rear spring.

Ha, just got the chance to explain the ranger lean. Its cause the steering box and fuel tank are both on the drivers side. Fill her up, and shell really be leaning. No worrys just lean back.

measure from the ground through the center of the wheel to the fender. Compare left front to right front and compare left rear to right rear. I would say anything less than an inch difference between the left and right sides is normal. Like KppcRampRat420 said. All the heavy stuff is on the left side of the Trac. Including you and the battery as well. I cant remember of hand my measurements. But, I have them written down at full gas tank, 1/2 gas tank, and empty. Big differences. Dont think it was more than an inch though. Maybe an inch and a quarter at most.....I assume you have a 2001 ST built in 2000. no matter. WELCOME to the site:thumbsup:

Back