N-fab style step bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RIV Customz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm not a big fan of the stock running boards that reside with my 07 ST. The plastic looks cheap and the top piece that you step on constantly pops up. I love the look of the n fab step bars but don't see anything available. Here is an example of what is available for the 03-08 expedition:
http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/60/sfID2/86/sfID3/89/productID/85

I think with some minor modification I can make these work. The wheelbase of the expedition is slightly longer than my ST so some trimming would be needed. Not sure if the two steps would be positioned correctly either. I've made a similar style from scratch but was very time consuming (I didn't have 2 little girls back then). Pipe bender isn't accessible right now either. I'd rather just buy something that bolts right up. Anyone know of such a product?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I bought some go rhino step bars for the 04 - 08 f150 as I guessed that the position of the steps would be about the same. I guessed correct but knew the mounting points needed modification. I finally had a chance to work on the step bars this weekend.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Cut the old mounts off, tack welded a jig to make sure they would line back up after repositioning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Passenger side is near completion. Just need to weld on some spacers to the old mounting brackets to bring the main tube of the step bars up closer to the underside of the cab so that the mounts aren't easily visible. Drill some holes, check for fit, then start on driver side.

Passenger side is near completion. Just need to weld on some spacers to the old mounting brackets to bring the main tube of the step bars up closer to the underside of the cab so that the mounts aren't easily visible. Drill some holes, check for fit, then start on driver side.
Thanks for the info,
I'm wanting to do something like this in the spring

Back