Navigation street/location disappears? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navigation street/location disappears?

ClarkW

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
https://www.box.com/shared/84db676c34864eb40801

As you can see in the screenshot, there is supposed to be the street/location underneath the compass in the top right. There is absolutely nothing there sometimes.

We have had this problem with our 2013 Explorer seemingly ever since we received it. It's completely random and sometimes it will last for 3-5 days and other times only 4-5 minutes. Majority of the time it works perfectly and shows what street we are on and updates correctly. I know that this will mess up sometimes on a street that is not in the system, but I've had this problem going down Interstate 40 where it just randomly disappears and will reappear in that time span mentioned above.

Most of the time when this happens it happens right on start up but it has cut out before mid drive. Stopping/Restarting the vehicle doesn't seem to resolve. It fixes itself on its own time.

I searched the forum but didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. Anybody else had this happen to them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forums ClarkW!

Oh yeah, there are others who have experienced this little quirk. It's been talked about on here elsewhere, but I don't recall the thread. It happens to us every once in a while, with no particular frequency or triggering events (that we have been able to figure out, that is).

Clark,

I've experienced the same issue throughout the 5 months of me purchasing my 2012 Limited. Someone posted a quick fix on here and it works as far as bringing the street up again.

Go to navigation and select destination tab and start a route. I just click my home since I already have the address stored, but you can enter any address. Fully start the route and let it run for a couple seconds and then cancel the route trip. After you cancel the route, the street should be showing again once you go back to the home page.

I've had to do it a handful of times and I've gone ahead and accepted it as one of the MFT fixes that I'll have to do periodically.

Hope this helps!

I would be more concerned about you listening to the Zac Brown band and that your temps are set to "69" :D

This is the only thing I really can complain about MFT, annoying and indicative of a bug. Something is not perfect with the software. It usually only last a couple days then "fixes itself", computer programs should act the same way all the time, well at least this one.

Back