Nearing 100k, what to do?

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
My 2000 V8 is nearing the 100,000 mark. I can't believe I've kept it for this long, been a long and fun 60k! I'm looking at doing some much deserved maintenance. It is in overall excellent condition with no mechanical faults except a chirp underhood. I'm hoping it's not the CPS! I've developed a list of what I'd like to do.

Alignment
Plugs, Motorcraft
Wires, Taylor
Fuel Filter
Air Filter, Amsoil
Front Diff Fluid, Amsoil
Rear Diff Fluid, Amsoil
Belt
Pullies, 2x idler, 1x tensioner
Power Steering Fluid, flush, synthetic
Transfercase Fluid, synthetic
Oil Change/Filter
Trans filter, spin-on
PCV valve, replace
Seafoam

Like I said, I'm not having any issues with anything, just some preventative maintenance. I also have a 1500 mile journey planned to Alabama at the beginning of March and I want it to be in tip top shape for that. Do you guys recommend anything else besides this, anything that is a bit over the top in my list? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seafoam it before you do the oil change, and plugs so you don't foul the new ones. Also I would think about some different plug wires, mountaineergreen has had problems with the taylor wires melting, and got horrible support from them. Instead get the motorcraft replacements, or maybe some magnacore wires.

Gotcha about the seafoam, things aren't necessarily in order. I already have a set of Taylors on the truck. Might shop around and see what I can find. Could it have been due to his headers?

Gotcha about the seafoam, things aren't necessarily in order. I already have a set of Taylors on the truck. Might shop around and see what I can find. Could it have been due to his headers?

Motorcraft is the best wire for ford applications.

Also, Open the torque converter bolt on the 4R70W trans, change the filter and fill with Motorcraft or Castrol Mercon V.

Motorcraft is the best wire for ford applications.

Also, Open the torque converter bolt on the 4R70W trans, change the filter and fill with Motorcraft or Castrol Mercon V.

It will give you a heart attack when you see the price of the Motorcraft wires, but I wouldn't hesitate to spend it.

you can get Autolite wires for half the price.. and they are the equivalent to the Motorcrafts.

you have a good list of things going there.. might as well bite the bullit and have your cam synchro replaced. i kept putting mine off for a year, and when i finally did replace it the shaft was on the verge of complete failure.

i remember when i hit 100K on my 97 5.0, 57K miles ago. look forward to great driving for miles to come.

Back