• Register Today It's free!

need 2" body lift for 99

BobCarter

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
I'd like to do some research for a 2" body lift on a 99 explorer. I've seen that some people use ranger lifts and such. But which one should I use. ALso....is it possible to get bumper brackets to raise the bumpers back up to level with the body. I hate them with lowered bumpers. THanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey...another Bama person in here. Do a search for Performance accesories. They make a 2 and 3 in ch body lift. I know the 3 inch is Part # PA-883 because I just ordered it for my 99...not sure what the 2 in is. It is a ranger lift. You have to do some work on the brackets to get them to work with the rear bumper.

Check out the sXc website...the link is in my sig.

the 2" is made for 1st generation explorers, you can get it on 4wheelparts for $90

I have a question on that to b/c i have a 99 explorer and am looking in to body lift kits what all would i need to buy to get it up and looking right and what do u mean by"have to do some work on the brackets to get them to work with the rear bumper" thanks for the help

I haven't put mine on yet, but everyone says they won't fit like they come, since they are made for a ranger. Some people say they had to make complete new one, others say just drill new holes.

Back