Need a jack?

Lloyd10977

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited
I happened to see this sale special at Northern Tool and thought that some of my friends here would find it of interest because they need something to safely lift their X. And at under $19, the price is defintely right.
2 1/5 ton Hydraulic Floor Jack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe its just me, but I don't trust a 20 dollar jack to ack up my 4,000 pound truck. Maybe if I had a Civic or something that I could survive falling on me...

Course iI'm pretty sure even if my truck did fall off it it wouldn't crush me, tons of room under my truck(for now).

That would be a reasonable concern but keep in mind that the jack would never have to lift the entire 4,000 pounds at one time. at most you lift one end of the vehicle and perhaps 60% of the total weight.

You shouldnt trust any jack not to fall on you. Jack stands or block should always be used.

I am not buying one, but was curious about something. LOL

Lets see.....$19 jack...plus $28.99 shipping to my house. Anyone see a problem with this? Hmmmm.......................... :rolleyes:

I will beat that deal. I will sell anyone a Jegs Aluminum jack for 5 dollars. Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states is $175 bucks. Let me know if your interested ;)

Don't use crappy stuff - always support the vehicle properly - be alive another day!

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
I will beat that deal. I will sell anyone a Jegs Aluminum jack for 5 dollars. Shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states is $175 bucks. Let me know if your interested ;)........

OHHHHHHH!!!! I'll take 3. LOL (just kidding) Thats about right with a lot of the cheap deals you find online. Put it on Evil-bay and someone would do it.

Brian_B said:
I am not buying one, but was curious about something. LOL Lets see.....$19 jack...plus $28.99 shipping to my house. Anyone see a problem with this? Hmmmm.......................... :rolleyes:
if ur lucky enough, northern tool has a few retail stores: clickity

And Lloyd10977, thanks for pointing this out, looks like a smashing deal. :thumbsup:

efff the naysayers

Umm...yeah...I live near nothing. There are no major stores or any kind near me (except wal-mart). I have to ship everything in. LOL

Brian_B said:
I am not buying one, but was curious about something. LOL

Lets see.....$19 jack...plus $28.99 shipping to my house. Anyone see a problem with this? Hmmmm.......................... :rolleyes:
True, Brian. But consider that the normal price is $60, it does look a little better. :rolleyes:

Back