How much lift do you need in a floor jack for Gen II? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much lift do you need in a floor jack for Gen II?

I gave it 6 clicks just now. Seems to have helped a lot! Wayyyyyyy better than replacing the shoes, I think!

I think it's really hard to figure out when you've got resistance from the parking brake vs when you're just doing the work of spinning the differential.
Turn the star adjuster until it can't turn it any more and the shoes are tight against the drum, then loosen.
Like you said, plenty of clearance without lifting. I only needed a stubby screwdriver, flashlight, and 10 minutes.

Dragging parking brakes are easy to hear, feel, and smell. You'll know right away if they are. GL

Turn the star adjuster until it can't turn it any more and the shoes are tight against the drum, then loosen.
Like you said, plenty of clearance without lifting. I only needed a stubby screwdriver, flashlight, and 10 minutes.

Dragging parking brakes are easy to hear, feel, and smell. You'll know right away if they are. GL

Great tip! I'll try it out as soon as the ground dries (pouring atm). So far the 8 clicks I've advanced it have helped a lot though!

Back