Perry

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Loveland Co.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
It looks like I need a new piece on my steering. Is this something I could have cut off and built from something else or do I need to go back to Super lift and get a new super runner part??????
2620IMG_0017.jpg

Here is a better picture of it.

2620IMG_0015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My understanding of the Superlift Superrunner, is there is no aftermarket parts, and they don't sell individual parts for it either.

What sucks is I went to Superlifts web site and I can't even find the Super runner steering anymore. I would think I could take a piece of DOM tube and have it threaded on the ends to fit someones ends.
Here is another picture from the back side of the steering.

2620IMG_1186.jpg

I was looking in to getting the Super runner steering for my '94 and couldn't find it on the web site either...I ended up calling the tech line. I think they have downsized their online catalog alot, but still sell/make the same things.

How do you like the SUper Runner steering? better? is it worth the money when compared to the stock steering?? I'm real interested to know

Foggman said:
I was looking in to getting the Super runner steering for my '94 and couldn't find it on the web site either...I ended up calling the tech line. I think they have downsized their online catalog alot, but still sell/make the same things.

How do you like the SUper Runner steering? better? is it worth the money when compared to the stock steering?? I'm real interested to know
To be honest I couldn't tell you because I've had the super runner on our Explorer every since I put the lift on.
Only thing I can tell you is I wheel with a lot of Jeeps and they all laugh at me when they see my wheels wiggling all over. One guy said the first time he followed me he thought my wheel was going to come off.
If I had the money I sure would like to just do a straight axle and fix it for good. This is the first time I have had trouble with the steering so I guess it's done me good.

Gotcha, I have 32's and a major bump steer problem...even the slightest dip in the road and I feel like I am going to be thrown off the road if Im not paying attention. So I was toying with the idea of getting the supper runner system or just a steering stabilizer. I also plan on going to the 6" lift and I am worried about the angles on my steering joints..so I thought the super runner was the way to go...

I guess if you are having that bad of bump steer then this does help because I don't get any of that. Even with the 5.46 gears we can go down the highway at 80 without any trouble.
I don't even run a stabilizer shock.....

I called Superlift today and they will sell me that piece without buying the complete superrunner.
I asked them if that was a solid piece or tube and the guy I talked to said it was a tube with the end welded on.
My question is would it be worth it to try and take the old end off and replace it with a new one without buying the new part. The new part is $135.00 and will take a couple weeks to get.
I wouldn't have any idea what the end that goes into the pitman arm would be since the pitman arm came from Superlift.

The pitman arm is the dropped pitman, right? If so, I believe the pitarm accepts the standard Explorer tie rod end. Too bad on the Inverted Y that explorers use, that tie rod end is the long piece that stretches from knuckle to pitman arm.

Back