Need help identifying this "air box" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying this "air box"

mjr923

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
hey everyone, im new here

need some help identifying what this part is called...its broke and needs replaced

it is an air box like part that sits on top of block, below the intake manifold, and has an 8" hose on it.

any ideas...i can't post pics yet

part # 97JF6A785-AB

(GOOGLED IT, NOTHING)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going out on a limb here...

But I am guessing that you have a SOHC since the OHV 4.0 and 5.0 Liter engines have nothing like you described..It is called an oil seperator and the part number for Ford is 7Z-6A785-AB..Full description is:

6A785 **7Z-6A785-AB Separator Assy - Oil Mounts between the fuel rails, SOHC, 1997/ 2001 ; 4.0L 6 Cyl, Ford Series

Here is a picture of what I think you are talking about...Is this it???

Attachments

• sohcbreather.jpg
    sohcbreather.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,561

EXACTLY IT!!! thanks again for all the help, amazed at the response time on this forum, you guys rock!!! I am sure you will see me more often

Air Box/Separator Assembly

Hello - I think I may have a problem (leak) in my separator assembly.
Can anyone advise what assemblies have to be removed in order to replace it?
Do both of the intake manifolds have to be removed in order to access it?
I have a '97 4WD, EB, 4L SOHC engine.
What is the cost of the part? I tried looking for it on the Silver State Ford website, where I have bought a number of parts, but I couldn't find it under the part number provided.

Thanks,
Dick

Back