Need Help Locating A 2011 Explorer Limited 4WD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Help Locating A 2011 Explorer Limited 4WD

Glockfan

Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hello,

I am trying to locate a Black Tuxedo Explorer Limited 4WD, Charcoal Interior, with the 302A, Moonroof, 20" Polished Rims. I am located in NW Georgia. I cannot find one in GA.. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found several in the Dallas Ft Worth area with black/black.
I was looking for AWD, white/stone, limited, 302a, trailer.
I was willing to take additional options..... After 2weeks of me looking on the ford inventory website and the dealer searching his way, I gave up and ordered it.

Your dealer should be able to search wider-easier than you can.

Maybe Kings Ford in Cincinnati

As of about a month ago there was one at Kings Ford in Cincinnati, Ohio like your talking about. Someone had ordered it and because it didn't have the trailer package when it came it they reordered another Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to locate a Black Tuxedo Explorer Limited 4WD, Charcoal Interior, with the 302A, Moonroof, 20" Polished Rims. I am located in NW Georgia. I cannot find one in GA.. Thanks

Why not just custom order one? There aren't many in stock in GA and of the ones in stock, very few are 4WD models. You may have to look out of state and get one shipped in.

I had a similar problem trying to find an AWD in the configuration I wanted too (LTD, rear console and buckets, 301a). After going to three different dealerships just to try to test drive an AWD and never getting to test drive an AWD (dealers all sold (or claimed they sold) after I called to check but before I got to dealership), I just gave up and ordered one.

Luckily, the combo you are looking for is not that unusual (just hard to get in AWD). I agree with prior posters and think you should either try to enlist the help of a local dealer (to find cars or at least to check if they have something close coming in) or just order one (unless you have the patience and time to constantly call and canvass local Ford dealers).

I really wish Ford had forecast AWD demand better as I have seen a decent number of FWD Explorers at dealerships.

go build it on the Ford web site and then do a dealer search. Or, if you have a good dealer he should be able to locate one if one is out there.

I ordered my tuxedo black on 3/17. The pigment for the black paint comes from Japan, and Ford can no longer get it. My order was bumped in priority to make sure it was built and I got the paint. I don't have mine yet, but it's my understanding they are not taking any more orders for Tuxedo black. PM one of the ford reps on here, Seni, to make sure. I live 180 miles from Dallas, and looked for them, would find them on the internet and by the time I called they were sold. Several dealers said they wont stay on the lots for more than a couple of days! So if you find one you better jump fast or it will be gone. Good luck, let us know if you find one!

Before we ordered ours, I actually went to the ford website and search inventory and click on every dealer in the state of Texas to see what EX they have in stock or ordered. If I see a similar that is acceptable to us, I would call the dealer and see if it is still available. After 2 weeks of doing that I finally gave up and submitted an order.

I quickly found out that the search feature on the Ford website is not accurate. It does not update in 'real time' so the car you are drooling over--the one that EXACTLY matches your criteria--is already sold! Best bet (if you don't want to special order) is a dealer locate if you can find a dealer willing to go that route for you. But they may charge you 'transport fee' to do that.

Back