need help! need to figure out which side is positive on rear wheel speed sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need help! need to figure out which side is positive on rear wheel speed sensor

erockandyou

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.0 4x4 xls
While I was taking out my differential the wires to the rear wheel speed sensor pulled out of the connector. Does anybody know which side I'd positive and which is negative? I really appreciate the help if anyone knows! Thank you so much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about taking a voltmeter and check which termial has continuity to ground?

ok great ill try that. I have another question maybe you could help with. while driving uphill this morning, there was a pretty loud clicking or lunking coming from what sounded like the rear of the truck. any thoughts?

sorry I didn't realize it was the same thing. I thought I was just commenting in my thread. I'll get it eventually!

Posting to this old topic to complete it with the right answer.

This type of passive speed sensor does not have a positive and negative. It produces an AC voltage with both leads going to the ABS module. Neither is a ground, doesn't matter which wire goes to which pin on the sensor.

Back