• Register Today It's free!

need help with a few things

kmmac1705

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 E.B. 4x4 Explorer
Hey guys. Ijust bought a 91 explorer eddie baur 4x4. I am wondering if you all can give me any info. My windshield wipers wont come on. I have checked every fuse i can find. My 4x4 wont come on I get no lights on it at all. I have tried nuetral and park and drive. My a/c doesnt work . I get a light on panel but nothing comes on , no fan or anything. Not even on heat. Windows wont go up or down. Motors are running but i have to push them down and pull them up. If anyone can help I will appreciate it. I did own a 97 but had all kinds of problems and the wife got rid of it. She was reluctant on buying this one but I loved the 97. I just love the feel of them when driving.

On the ac, does the clutch engage when you turn it on? On the windows, it sounds like the gears are shot, do a search for a how to on replacing them. For the 4x4, if the lights on the dash do not come on, and you hear just one click from the module behind the cargo area wall, then its probably the shifter motor, again search for the how to on rebuilding the motor. And last, the wiper motor could be shot, mine was, but it would work, just no adjustable speeds and didnt remember where to stop.

I figured it all out by searching through threads.

Back