need info on front bumper support configuration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

need info on front bumper support configuration

kimm2381

Reaction score
City, State
Tulalip, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
I am bidding on a 2006 explorer with a wrecked front end, it looks driveable enough, but I don't know for sure if I can make it through 1 1/2 states as-is. my other option is to hook a tow bar to the front brackets for the bumper support, but I can't find any good enough pictures of the brackets or any info on how the bumper support mounts to know if my tow bar will hook up with no problems. Does anybody know? or know where I can find a good close picture of the front of that bracket? From the far away crappy pictures I've found it looks similar to the mounting for my 99 explorer but I can't be sure... and it's a long drive to find out its different. thanks for any info!

I had my bumper off when I was mounting a plow on my 06. There are not realy good points to tow it unless you install something to the frame. The one hook up point under the front crossmember is use mainly as an attachement when the car is transported.

Back