NoBoundaries

ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Ellicott City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
Hey everyone. Here's my situation. I have 4 Polk EX572a's (Dead Link Removed) with 100W max power and I believe 50W RMS. My question is, I would like to get an amp for some good sound and I was wondering what some of you thought of the Pioneer GM-X554 (Dead Link Removed) Good? Bad? Work well with what I have? The most appealing part of the Pioneer's is there price as I am not looking to spend a lot for a set-up. All I want is some great sound and the most bang for the buck. Let me know your thoughts as they will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

It is a very good amp for the price. Are you keeping the factory HU. Make sure that you use the built in crossover. Most manufactures rate there speaker power ratings for the full audio band with. If you have a sub and use the built in Hi-pass crossover and take away the bass from say 100 hertz and down from the
polk speakers they should be able to actually handle more power buy not having to try a reproduce the low bass notes.
I use to run a pair of MB Quarts in my truck with a 150 watts going to each one. I used a 36 db crossover point of 90 hertz.

Back