Need replacement mirror '02 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need replacement mirror '02 Explorer

Tyler92

Reaction score
City, State
Saratoga Springs, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
My wife wiped out the outside passenger side mirror on our '02 Explorer XLT. I would like to replace it with an identical one. Does anyone know where I can get one beside the dealership? This is a power mirror and also has puddle lights. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ abarkl, we gotta have one or two here somewhere :)

Tyler92, have you checked the For Sale forum?

I bought one off e-bay,loose fit a real piece of crap. Spend the money and buy a OEM.....

When you buy from eBay make sure you don't buy the aftermarket but seach with the keyword OEM.
I bought the 2006 Explorer square-styled mirrors and installed them on my '03. They look great with a greater field of view and will fit the '02s as well;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217471&highlight=2006+mirror

I have my old '03 mirrors which are in perfect condition if you want them.

I have a set if you need them, PM me if you want them.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I was able to pick one up at a local junk yard for $25. Now it's on to replacing that noisy rear wheel bearing with only 65,000 miles on it. And the U.S. automakers wonder why the foreign automakers are kicking their butts.

Just curious, how's the junkyard "stock" of 3rd gen Explorers there? I picked up some really good things here - it looked like people were trashing their vehicles when gas was $5.00 a gal.

To be honest I'm not sure. When I called they told me right away they had one and at $25 leads me to believe they have many. I do know there are many for sale cheap. People are afraid gas will go back up and I'm afraid they're right.

Glad you found the part you needed... Well, hope gas stays reasonable, but in either case: A while back it was he## trying to find 3rd gen parts from the j/y. And for me, if I found one, they wanted $$$, charging almost new part prices for old parts. Now, like you said, they don't say how many they have, but judging by the prices, they have quite a few :) It's a good time to buy spare parts too...

Back