Need Replacement fog bulbs:what number? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Replacement fog bulbs:what number?

Looking to replace fog bulbs on a 95 XLT. Im not sure of the number or brand in which i should go with? Doesnt have to be the brightest bulbs out there, just some good quality bulbs that are fairly bright...

The stock bulbs only lasted a few months, so I would like to go with a better brand.

I did a search, but couldnt find anything on my year. All i could find, was newer model Explorers.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they're 899 size bulbs.

However, I'd recommend going with aftermarket lights that either go in the stock location or go somewhere else in your bumper or airdam. The stock foglights don't provide much light and do eat up bulbs. If your last bulbs only lasted a few months then the replacements aren't gonna last that long either. You'll save money in the longrun if you go with some decent yet inexpensive aftermarket fogs.

Alec thanks for the advice, but I just went out this past summer and bought a airdam with fog holes and brand new fog lamps from Fordpartsnetwork.com for over $200. So im not willing to go out and spend more money on a new set so soon.

Alec, you gave me 899.and Aldive gave me 893? Are they the same?

Aldive, im sorry. But how correct is that chart?

They list my headlight bulbs as "9007". Im certain, my headlights are 9005!?

Just want to make sure I buy the correct replacement fog bulbs?

Your headlights are 9007. Some people say 893, some say 899. I think they're very similar.

Ahh, thanks Alec. Just wanted to be sure.

Don

as I recall, the 893 and 899 are exactly similar, except one has an elbow in it for right angle connections. Don't quote me though! LOL.

I just got some 885's. Instead of using 893's 37.5w, the 885's are 55w. So they're brighter.

Billy, hope you don't kill your stock wires.

Yup, mine are none elbow. So I'll go with that one.

Take out the stock bulb on your 95/96 and they say 899 right on them. I just went through this.

The ford owner manual and the guide at Parts Source both said H3, thats what I just got and now you're all saying they are 893's. Was going to put them in on Saturday but now I have to try and exchange them, hope I can find the receipt.

What is wrong with the stock lights that causes the bulbs to burn out; water getting in, vibrations, heat?

Cartman, all of the above.

Originally posted by Cartman
The ford owner manual and the guide at Parts Source both said H3, thats what I just got and now you're all saying they are 893's. Was going to put them in on Saturday but now I have to try and exchange them, hope I can find the receipt.

What is wrong with the stock lights that causes the bulbs to burn out; water getting in, vibrations, heat?

I use my fog lights every time either the high or low beams are on, its a 99 and the bulbs are original.

Actually just the left bulb went out on mine. It's been this way for about a month now. It's so damn cold out, im not in real rush to change the burnt bulb.

I know it only takes but a min, but it's really cold out. :(

Back