Need Shock Extenders...

cantspell

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 xlt
Need Front Shock Extenders...

Hello, i bought a set of Rancho RSX's and it appears that in trying to get some with a longer stock length, i ordered the wrong ones. So the only off-road shock that the stores around here can get, at the KYB monomax (which i've heard good things about - BTW does anyone know if the KYB monomax is a reflex type shock?) But i need to get them extended, in the process of trying to change my front shocks, i saw that there's about another inch or more of down travel, but the shock is preventing it...

So i was wondering how someone could extend their shocks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They make extenders that screw on to the top of the shock, if you can't find any, I have a couple I could send you for a few bucks. I think mine were made by Mr. Gasket.

hey x-1, would you happen to still have any extenders? i need some and nobody around here carries them anymore. thanks

I have a set also if you want?

go to jocko's or autozone....those are the two places I've gotten them

I think I paid around $5 for them so. $3 and you pay shipping? I will try and did them up tonite if you want them.

alright are they metric or standard threads because i tried to buy some from a place and they would not go onto the monroe sensetrac....the ones you have are for the front right? but if i had to i could just put the stock shocks back on because they arent too bad i dont think... just let me know.... thanks

I just got a set for sensatrac...they are not the fine threads you use for gabriels and such....they are coarse threaded

I'm confused??? Do you want me to check the threads? If so, I'm unclear on what type threads you have. I don't think they were made for front or rear specificly.

Back