Need suggestions for lift and tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need suggestions for lift and tires

antwn_5k

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego / Sacramento
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLS 4X4
i'm gonna re-start my planning from scratch. I have an 03 exp sport 2dr 4WD, aka same platform as the 95-01.

I just want a decent setup, just something to have fun with until the SAS time comes. I was thinking TT with rear shackles and like 31's or larger and 2" BL. any other suggestions or ideas?

What gears do you have? That should probably have a part in what you do. If you are serious about a SAS later, you probably don't want to bother re-gearing right now. With 3.73's, I wouldn't bother with more than 31" tires. If 4.10's, 33's are fine.
31's are fine stock, but you could do shackles and adjust the torsion bars for now.
I don't think I would bother making my own 2" body lift, I would just buy the 3" performance accessories body lift. Atleast the kit for the sport trac will work with your front bumper, and 32-33" tires. But don't do a body lift unless you plan to keep it with the SAS. I know after installing my bodylift I don't want to bother taking it off or doing it again ;)

Back