Need to replace manual seat with power seat in 2004 Base Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to replace manual seat with power seat in 2004 Base Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogozhin

Reaction score
City, State
Quincy, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer
Hey Guys,

I'm really tall (6'6") and need to figure out what to do about my wife's 2004 Explorer. It's the base model so the seats are manual and the driver's side is way too high for me to drive it comfortably. I've found a tan cloth power LH seat at a yard 170 miles away. Will a power seat give me the required adjustments (height and maybe more depth? If not is there another option? Will I need anything else besides the seat, rack, and harness to console to convert to power (if it really will drop the seat)?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not know with 100% certainty but from all of the seats I put in my rangers over the years the power seats were taller than the manual counterpart.
Unfortunately the Trac is just not kind to tall people

At 6 '4", I have a 2002 sport trac with a power driver seat. With all the adjustments it should work. Good luck. Dave P.

Thanks for the replies :) I'm thinking I should find one and see if it's any different than my manual seat before I buy the new one.

Dang, I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry fellas.

For you question which forum doesn't make much difference, however I doubt that a power seat will get you any closer to the floor. If anything I think a power seat would be slightly taller than the manual seat, or the same height.

My son-in-law is 6'7" and he fits in my daughter's '00 Mountaineer and his '97 Sport okay (both with power seats). He does recline the seat back pretty far back though. I suppose it matters whether your longer in the legs or the torso.

That's for the feedback. I think I'll try finding someone who has an explorer with the power option and ask if I can sit in it. I do have a long torso.

That's for the feedback. I think I'll try finding someone who has an explorer with the power option and ask if I can sit in it. I do have a long torso.

I think that would be a great place to start.

Hmm, just noticed you have two threads on this, so I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back