need tranny filter bolt ASAP!

KevinJTorres

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer
I have a dead explorer 93 E.B. 4x4 in my driveway right now, because the fool I bought it from didn't have a filter installed on the transmission. The tranny would go in reverse, but no forward drive at all in any gear. I dropped the pan, fluid looked good, but there was no filter installed! I have a filter to put in but there is NO BOLT for the filter. Anyone have a link with a diagram for a part number, or have the thread pitch and length of the bolt? I can't move this car until I find this silly bolt!

I have that bolt sitting on my desk from yesterday's filter change.

It is 1.75" long from the flange base to the tip. It is a M10x1.50 (10mm metric, 1.50 thread pitch).

Just FYI - the Wix filter I bought came with a new bolt. That's one way of getting it.

I saw that kit online, but the shop told me that was a kit for a 1995 and up only. Anyway, I ended up getting a bolt at lowe's that worked based on what ford told me the dimensions were today. Ford no longer stocks these bolts, for everyone's info...

What i ended up doing was purchasing a tap kit from autozone Sac longchamp , its for spark plugs but it comes with new helicoils. Used the tap to widen and rethread the hole and put red locktight on the coil sac longchamp pliage . Screwed in the coil and let it set. Now i can use a bigger oil plug to seal it up. It works.

Back