• Register Today It's free!

NEEDED: Rim for spare tire

blackout881

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4.0
After i bought my truck over a year ago, i noticed no spare. Took dealer over a month to finally give me one, then the other day my tire blew at 2am on the highway, just to find out the spare he gave me was the wrong one. So now im looking for a rim for a spare that will fit on my truck. I have a 98 Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD explorer. Does anyone have one they will sell? or know where i can locate one to buy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn you're about a week too late. I took 5 steel wheels that had an explorer bolt pattern to the scrapyard. Couldn't get rid of them.

Check a junkyard. Should be $30-40 depending on the place.

I have one with brand new tire 265/70-15. Located in Valley Stream in Long Island. PM me if your interested. $40! :)

I have a 15'' steel Ford Explorer spare with one brand new 31x10.5 BFG All-terrain on it. I want $75 + shipping for it. If you are interested provide me with your zip code and I can get a shipping quote. It shouldn't be too much to NY.

I'd take that tire the dealer gave you...along with any bills you incurred from not having a spare...and shove them straight up his ass. That is just ludicrous to do that to some guy. What if it had been your wife or daughter in the middle of the night somewhere?

I'd take that tire the dealer gave you...along with any bills you incurred from not having a spare...and shove them straight up his ass. That is just ludicrous to do that to some guy. What if it had been your wife or daughter in the middle of the night somewhere?

Unfortunately that won't get any him anywhere. That dealer can tell him to go pound sand and get away with it. He shouldn't have waited a year to decide to pursue getting a spare. If a spare was "in the deal" I wouldn't have completed the sale until he got me the spare. Post-sale, dealers won't do jack.

i didnt wait a year man. it took a year until my tire blew and i needed it. i got the spare a few weeks after i bought the truck. Looked the same, bolt pattern was off though. think it was from an f-150 or something.

What size rim?

i didnt wait a year man. it took a year until my tire blew and i needed it. i got the spare a few weeks after i bought the truck. Looked the same, bolt pattern was off though. think it was from an f-150 or something.

What size rim, and what color is your vehicle?

Back