New 5r55e VB from Ford with upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 5r55e VB from Ford with upgrade

ff2024

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksburg, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
ok, I redid my VB(new epc soleniod, sonnax boost valve, only the springs from Superior shift kit) in my 99 Ranger about 10,000 miles ago for the 2-3 flare. It cured the problem until a few weeks ago. So, I found a company (Whatever it Takes Transmissions in Louisville KY) that sells brand new VB's for $310 (plus core), new Solenoids(worth it just for all of these) and upgraded epc blow off and sep plate. Well I went to put in another Superior shift kit and when I took off the plate I noticed that the EPC relief spring was not there (page 1 of glaciers rebuild guid the silver spring cap and spring). Am I missing something here or did Ford decide to remove this with the upgraded EPC blow off valve? I know it didn't stick to the plate when removed. Does anyone know?

Also, where are the band adjustments for the "5r55e" located on the case...I read the thread for band adjustments and see info for the 5r55e but no pictures of where the ajusters are.

Thanks

ok, I redid my VB(new epc soleniod, sonnax boost valve, only the springs from Superior shift kit) in my 99 Ranger about 10,000 miles ago for the 2-3 flare. It cured the problem until a few weeks ago. So, I found a company (Whatever it Takes Transmissions in Louisville KY) that sells brand new VB's for $310 (plus core), new Solenoids(worth it just for all of these) and upgraded epc blow off and sep plate. Well I went to put in another Superior shift kit and when I took off the plate I noticed that the EPC relief spring was not there (page 1 of glaciers rebuild guid the silver spring cap and spring). Am I missing something here or did Ford decide to remove this with the upgraded EPC blow off valve? I know it didn't stick to the plate when removed. Does anyone know?

Also, where are the band adjustments for the "5r55e" located on the case...I read the thread for band adjustments and see info for the 5r55e but no pictures of where the ajusters are.

Thanks

Removal of the blow off valve and spring is part of the service kit. It was replaced by a better valve that's put in the VB. Look at the skinny end and you'll see it-- has about 5-6 holes and a screen.

The band adjustment screws are on the left side in front of the shift linkage.

ok, I couldn't remember if that was part of the Ford upgrade or not, lost my paper work on it.

Thanks

Back