New deck with Audiophile system

Briggslite

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Mountaineer AWD V8
Hey all,

Hoping that someone may be able to answer a question. I replaced my original deck with a Kenwood DNX573s and a Maestro iDatalink with the Ford harness. Do the factory amplifiers still get used or was the amplifier for the door speakers in the original deck? I know there is an amp with the sub and that works but I'm just wondering if there is an amp for the door speakers that is still in play.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all,

Hoping that someone may be able to answer a question. I replaced my original deck with a Kenwood DNX573s and a Maestro iDatalink with the Ford harness. Do the factory amplifiers still get used or was the amplifier for the door speakers in the original deck? I know there is an amp with the sub and that works but I'm just wondering if there is an amp for the door speakers that is still in play.

Thanks
What year is your ex?

The door speakers are powered by the deck. The factory amp only powers the sub. The oem amp uses a 3.3v remote and aftermarket decks use 5v, this causes a loud pop whenever you power up the system. Adding a 1.5k resistor in series on the remote line cures this. As well, keep an eye on signal ground to the amp, the metra kit is missing it and it causes ground loop issues. Not sure about your adapter. I ended up having to tie the signal ground to the power ground go make everything the same potential and get rid of noise on the sub.

Tech, I am ordering a radio next week for my 05 EB so I just want to clarify my understanding. The 1.5k resistor goes on the power lead to the sub amp? And is the signal ground the L&R signals? Is it ok to just solder the resister leads to the wire and wrap with vinyl tape?
I haven't decided which one of these to get, Alpine CDE-143BT or JVC KW-R925BTS. Anyone have any thoughts.
The install kit will be Crux SWRFD-60L

Back