New door speakers!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New door speakers!!!

Truckinat14

Reaction score
Tonite im getting my new audiobahn door speakers. Im also getting an audiobahn amp. Im not really sure about the specs but im only paying $100 for both from my friend who used to have them in his explorer with 6 12's. Im gonna hook up the speakers tonite and my friends gonna help me hook up the amp over the weekend. There going in my moms 93 sport which i will be driving. The great thing is my mom thinks we need new door speakers also so shes paying half. Next year (when i turn 16) i plan on buying my friends infinity subs (2 12's) and his audiobahn 800watt amp. Then all I will need is a new HU and my system will be complete. Im also gonna get a good deal on his subs only $400. Please give me some input on my future setup and whether you think the prices are fair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

6 12's? my god....

ahh, someone else like me!

theres so few people under 16 on here

15 til next wednes day. I've been a memeber on here for a while tho, i devcided to get my car workin good for when i turn 16 and have other expenses.

Excellent idea for both of you to work on it before you're driving. That way, you won't have to scrimp for sounds while paying these outrageous gas prices... Nothing worse then a car that's all beautified and runs poorly!

$100 bucks for the current equipment isn't bad at all. See if that's gonna include the wiring and stuff for the amp, cause that might add about $15-20.

I recall that your birthday is somewhere in the early quarter of the year, like February/March or something, right? $400 is hard to tell if it's a good deal depending on the type or series of sub. I'd say keep it in mind, but don't totally bet on it. That way, if either of you decide the deals just not good anymore, no one will be upset. A year is a good deal of time from now, so you never know how you'll feel about them later on. By that time, those same subs may be on closeout for next year's subs or something. Plus, if you do get them, insist on the ones that have the least amount of sun exposure. With six subs, I'm guessing they're all facing up, so if the sun hits them a lot, then the surrounds might not be as soft and malleable as they should be anymore. If they're foam surrounds, I might think twice.

Have fun installing the amp!

Jon

guess i skipped over that part .... i wouldnt pay 400 for used infinity subs ... EVER. i got my 2 12's for 300 brand new (300 for both, not each). you can still find them online for like 160 or so. unfourtunatly i dont think the guy i got them from stocks infinity perfects anymore. you can ask him if you want to. his email is sales@audioflux.com.. he is a great guy to do business with and he has the cheapest prices of anywhere i've seen online.

i myself do bussiness with Wholesalesounds.com

i have bought numorous speakers an HU's from them and they always arrive fast and more important in 1 piece, and 90% of the stuff is about half of the MSRP price tags...

i got my Earthquake Magma's for 240 a piece including shipping, those 15" magma's retail for 489 or 499 i forgot...i also got my earthquake D2 amp from them for 560 bucks (that one retails 999) they got their own warehouse so shipping is guaranteed fast and they almost stock everything even 15" ers , if they don't have it on their website they probelbly still carry it, all you need to do is send them an e-mail and ask them.

Back