explorer sport pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

Attachments

• nakitasx.JPG
    nakitasx.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 5,024

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What did you do when you lowered it? just like a reverse torsion twist and blocks in the rear. Or did you flip the shackles with the torsion twist in the front? How much of a difference is the ride afterward? I have the same 01 sport in red. Also what did you do when you removed the roof racks? When I took mine off where the screws went into stuck out a little bit and they really didn't look good. I was just expecting there to be a whole in the roof that I could fill with silicon or something.
thanks

htrd

i love ur tint i wanna eventually tint my windows limo dark tint and possibly tint my mirrors blue colored

What did you do when you lowered it? just like a reverse torsion twist and blocks in the rear. Or did you flip the shackles with the torsion twist in the front? How much of a difference is the ride afterward? I have the same 01 sport in red. Also what did you do when you removed the roof racks? When I took mine off where the screws went into stuck out a little bit and they really didn't look good. I was just expecting there to be a whole in the roof that I could fill with silicon or something.
thanks

pulled the front torsion bolts out all the way the put them back in about 6-7 turms.
Had it realigned.
Thats it, rear is stock, I do too much heavy carrying and towing to lower the rear, the tires are also about 10% shorter than the stock huge ones it comes with.
I just put the screws back in,only looks weird if your standing right next to
it from ten feet away I cant even see them.
Eventually Ill get special screws that have no heads just a slot to screw them in with a flat blade screwdriver then touch them up with red paint.

htrd

i love ur tint i wanna eventually tint my windows limo dark tint and possibly tint my mirrors blue colored

I am going to paint the area between the windows with black paint, I just
havent decided if I want trim black or gloss black.
I think the angled piece between them look retarded.
Wish Ford would have just went with a single rear window.
Look so much sweeter.
Like this..
Kinda like a mini Excursion..

Attachments

• dropit.JPG
    dropit.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 4,714

pulled the front torsion bolts out all the way the put them back in about 6-7 turms.
Had it realigned.
Thats it, rear is stock, I do too much heavy carrying and towing to lower the rear, the tires are also about 10% shorter than the stock huge ones it comes with.
I just put the screws back in,only looks weird if your standing right next to
it from ten feet away I cant even see them.
Eventually Ill get special screws that have no heads just a slot to screw them in with a flat blade screwdriver then touch them up with red paint.

Ones it warms up i think im gonna try losing the torsion bots. Did you notice any difference in the ride? the rear on mine already seems lower then the front so it may just level it out.

I didn't think about putting the screws back in, I may try to get the allen key type screws so they can basically get recessed into the whole then just add some touch up paint to it.

What percent tint do you have on there? thats one of the next things I want to do? I already have black wheels painted all the gray along the bottom and bumpers black and did clear corners on the headlights. So I want it all like red and black so I think the tint will make a large difference.

dont know the percentage of tint,
definately not legal.
I bought it in South Florida , cops
there usually have better things to do
than give tint tickets but here in Tx I am just waiting to get one.
They are way more **** out here.
My LSC had limo tint and in 10 years I never got stopped in Fla.

The ride is fine, a tiny bit bouncier but my shocks are dead,
I need to get new ones, the rear of mine was lower than the front
as well,in fact I dont think I have ever seen a stock Sport
that didnt have the rear lower.
At first I drove it with the bolts all the way out and that
was a bit too much thats why I put them in and raised it back up
about half an inch. Just the right look now.
Im into hot rodding not low riding or offroading so I like a little
bit of a hot rod rake which it now has.

my ex.sport is currently stock, i wanna do a 3'' BL. and a tire/rim upgrade. i emailed a local off road shop(north shore offroad) they said there was no lift available... your trucks look sweet, any suggestions where to get lift'd?? im in canada but ill order part from teh usa if need be.

my ex.sport is currently stock, i wanna do a 3'' BL. and a tire/rim upgrade. i emailed a local off road shop(north shore offroad) they said there was no lift available... your trucks look sweet, any suggestions where to get lift'd?? im in canada but ill order part from teh usa if need be.

theres superlift.i have an 02 sport and superlift released a 4 inch lift this past yr but its 2k+

and my ex
l_198269e5a1ca48769574c5222de2e319.png

My '03 Sport. Has a few mods done to it. These pics are a couple years old but now it has 30" Toyo Open-Country A/T tires and a Gibson cat-back exhaust. Really happy with it and might do a TT & shackles soon. All the mods are listed in the link in my sig.

481cab2b.jpg

a1c83f37.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

why did you put 30" tire ???? the original mount is 31.2"

why did you put 30" tire ???? the original mount is 31.2"

On the '03 Sport 2dr, original tire should be 255/70r16, which is 30.1 inches.

They were also available with 29" tires, but I think that was on the 2wd models.

ha ok sorry
it's because on my 2001 explorer sport it's 31"

'01 Sports had the same 255/70r16s as the max size from the factory.

I don't think yours are original equipment. 31s will certainly fit the '01 Sports with no mods.

BTW, welcome to the site!

thanks for the welcome this web site is realy helpfull for me because the mechanical of my explorer is realy diferent of my Lada Niva and I dont know much about the Ford

but in my door it's whrite 255/75 R16 and it's the tires that Ford give to me when I bought it

excuse my english, i try to do my best but i'm from Quebec (french)

here is my 98 Turbo Explorer Sport 2Wd

here is my 98 Turbo Explorer Sport 2 wd it is a 4.0l factory 5 Spd manual rear gears are factory 3.73, lowered 5" in the front 6" in the rear. the rims are 17" white cobra R wheels Front 17x8 245-45-17 and rear 17x10.5 w/ 335-35-17. the fuel pump is a RaceTronix 347 gph, Racetronix 50# injectors, Sniper Tuner, Electric Fan , Mountinner Leather seatsand console. saved the rear Factory bumper for a flush look, the front bumper cover is a 03 svt Lighning that had cut from middle, I also did all work my self,

picsfromcamra017.jpg

picsfromcamra018.jpg

picsfromcamra019.jpg

picsfromcamra020.jpg

picsfromcamra023.jpg

stufffrommydiamondphone343.jpg

stufffrommydiamondphone347.jpg

th_0-125mphpass18psiboost.jpg

Bumper looks a bit big for the body, maybe cut a bit off the back to make more flush?
Otherwise thats pretty sweet! What did it run at the dragway?

i agree the bumper looks a little big for the truck. i would suggest a saleen body kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bumper looks a bit big for the body, maybe cut a bit off the back to make more flush?
Otherwise thats pretty sweet! What did it run at the dragway?

they were closed that day that I was there. Have not been able to run at the track yet.

Back