New Explorer Here!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer Here!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Xlt
Well I am 17 for starters. I stumbled across this site today at school doing some crap project having the teacher come by to say "get off that site" blah blah blah i say. So i wrote down the address and here i am today =D. Well being my first car and all id appreciate all the help i can get. I have aim (proskater55881) and if anyone wouldnt mind adding me and Iming me id be more than happy to add you and if ever need be, i could ask you for help easier in that manner. My first set of actions would be to lift my expo and get some bigger tires. Any ideas. Let me know. Thanks and ill be putting some pics up soon so have fun!

Welcome to the site. Browse around. There is a lot to see in the way of modified Explorers to get some ideas from.

im gonna say start off with the basics, a body lift, shackles and a coil spacer. this will allow you to fit 32-33 in tires. you will be happy with this for about 2-3 weeks and you will want to go bigger, it just snowballs, get out while you still can.. haha just jokin... have fun with it and someday you will have an x like ricks... good luck

Welcome to the forums!

I'll agree with 351, not only because I droll over the engine choice he has, but it's true, it does snowball. I just did a 2" Shackle/AAL and 2" Torsion twist (2nd+ generation version of a coil spacer per se), now I want to do the SOA conversion and figure something out for the front, but no welding experience/knowledge and don't know anyone haha.

the 2" lift is nice, it's enough that I sit like a truck should now, not looking "up" to other trucks on the road...cursed soccer mom SUV's ;)

Welcome! You'll be sure to find all the info you could ever want.

Back