Show Off Your MOUNTY! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show Off Your MOUNTY!

haha i was kidding, i got a mounty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, they're a really aggressive looking tire, i love them. you coulda fit 31's under there just fine, no rubbing at all with a tt+shack. but yeah lookin good, it changes the apearance so much, i couldnt stop looking at mine when i got the tires on.

oh, you know about the holes under the running boards right? that's the only thing keeping me from takin them off. you can cover them with something like a rhino lining or some plugs i've heard but i havent gotten around to it yet.

looks like u lean a bit to the drivers side too huh, im about to swap my leafs soon.

oh, no, my X's levelled. it's the ground that's not levelled. right side by the curb is higher. i finally got rid of my running boards this afternoon. i'll take some pics tomorrow.

O.K. here is my Explo...Mountaineer....

IN2FORD
Barry

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,344
  • PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,323

Here's another shot.

IN2FORD
Barry

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,261

Here is mine, It's a 97 V8 AWD with a TT lift and 2" custom fabbed rear shackles, 32/11.5" Maxxis tires on factory Ranger XLT 15x7's.

2654940_2_full.jpg

2654940_1_full.jpg

2654940_4_full.jpg

Got New pictures.. so I "up" dated my mounty a bit...

Mounty_005.jpg

Mounty_006.jpg

I got 285/75 r16 Minor Trimming up front.

I installed a set of OME Leaf springs. Yeah no more rear butt sag.

yeah I cranked the T-bars for Now.. I will invest in a set of Spindles in the future... My mounty is a 2wd V-8 though for some reason I see it becoming a 4x4 in the Future just like all the other 2wd I purchased.

Did you crank the torsion bars?

heres some pics of mine. mostly interior. just a little cage work.

seats.jpg

bilstein.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

still needs two more seats, but for now its a two seater. :)

heres a picture of my front bumper, and before the front fenders and all the seats.
99116366_l.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

happyface.jpg

O.K. here is my Explo...Mountaineer....

IN2FORD
Barry

I really like your Explo-Mountie look mate, it's sweet lookin' :) :exp: :exporange

I said i would so here they are, just try to ignore the bugs i gotta take some highway to get to school and this time a year i get bombarded everyday plus this morning i had to drive through some gravel to get a parking spot.

my fav pic besides the bugs
mounty3.jpg

mounty4.jpg

mounty5.jpg

nice and low, i'm thinking about doing an adjuster flip
mounty6.jpg

Silly ass, it says "post your MOUNTIE here" :rolleyes:

:shifty_ey Dude...WTF? Do you realize that the pictures in the post you quoted is of a Mountaineer? Look again... :crazy:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back